Clinton Mile 264

Clinton Mile 264
The beginning

Machens Mile 27

Machens Mile 27
The goal

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Klondike

I stayed at Klondike Park the next day for a little R&R. I got up, ate, and hung all the contents of my pack on a clothesline I made. The pack contents were dry but they really needed aired out. Left the line up all day, the Park officials never said a word. I just laid back, read, and generally relaxed. Klondike Park has a lot history associated with it; it's a nice “weekend with the kids” kind of place and well worth the stop. The park is very rocky and really reminded me of the Badlands in South Dakota. You'd never expect to see that in Missouri. I've stayed there many times and really like the place. There's another long hill behind the conference center leading up to a scenic over view of the river. You have to see it to fully appreciate it. There are still a lot of rocks up there but no climbing is allowed. Once I saw a longhaired goat grazing there and just couldn't believe it. I later read on the comment forum at www.bikekatytrail.com that there is a herd of Ferrell goats in the area.