Clinton Mile 264

Clinton Mile 264
The beginning

Machens Mile 27

Machens Mile 27
The goal

Saturday, June 23, 2007

New Franklin

Finally made it through Boonville to New Franklin and the Katy Roundhouse Campground. I have to admit that I was pretty beat when I got here. Today's walk of 23 miles, coupled with my 20 miler the day before, was too long, too hot, and too inclined. I paid my money, pitched the tent, and had a hearty dinner of Ramen Noodles. It didn't take me long to fall asleep that night. The next day was a rest day because Jill was meeting me to replenish my food supplies. Sometime during the night a Boy Scout troop had arrived a few campsites over and I didn't know it. That's called a good nights sleep. I slept in and took a nice shower in the bathhouse. This is a beautiful campground, lots of history. The remnants of an old roundhouse are still there, I hope the pictures turn out. Jill arrived, dropped off some great snacks and dehydrated food. It started to rain later that night, had zero probems sleeping.

Well it's 7:30 and still raining hard. I packed everything but the tent so I could go as soon as the rain lets up. It's now 9:00 and down to a light drizzle. I thought that if I'm going to be wet I might as well be wet on the trail. On to Hartsburg and Katfish Katy's.