Clinton Mile 264

Clinton Mile 264
The beginning

Machens Mile 27

Machens Mile 27
The goal

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Huntsdale/Katfish Katy's

Made it in around 7 P.M., long day. Nice people but you can see the Campground really took a beating from the flood. Half the sites were closed because of the high water but I got one on the northside of the levee. I laid out my wet tent to dry in the breeze, ate, and got a spectacular shot of the sun setting over the Missouri. That picture is a keeper! The tent was just getting dry around 8 PM when it started raining again. Got the tent up, hung my food bag from a tree (don't carry enough for me & the animals), and all the other gear inside the tent when the rain hit. Smart move packing the sponge. I was able to dry out most of the tent on the inside by using the sponge. Hey, at least my sleeping pad and blanket are dry. I enjoyed a very quiet night once the rain stopped. I had to look out twice to make sure there were other campers. Nice end to a long, wet, 17 miler.