Clinton Mile 264

Clinton Mile 264
The beginning

Machens Mile 27

Machens Mile 27
The goal

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Night of Day 4

I had permission to camp at the Pleasant Green Methodist Church for the night. I've never camped in a cemetery so this will be different. It was very quiet in this rural cemetery, woke up to thunder and lighting flashes but no rain. Stepped out of the tent and looked North where it looked like one heck of a storm. I heard thunder and saw lighting flashes in the clouds but too far away to see bolts. The local radio station said to take immediate cover. The first thing I did was whip out the cell phone to call Jill and let her know I had made it to the cemetery and call my point of contact (I didn't have the number on me)so someone knew I was there. No signal! I took shelter in my tent. There wasn't any rain or hail but the wind hit about 60 mph, per the radio. The wind really shook the tent but only lasted about 5 minutes. Tomorrow on to Pilot Grove.