Clinton Mile 264

Clinton Mile 264
The beginning

Machens Mile 27

Machens Mile 27
The goal

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rocheport

I'm on the way from New Franklin to Huntsdale and all hell has broken loose. It's pouring rain and I'm soaked. I'm glad I took the extra day at the Roundhouse to rest. I am in awe of the bluffs around Rocheport. The railroad tunnel is a sight that will bring me back soon with my wife and son to enjoy. It looks like Rocheport had a tough time with the flooding. The trail was lined with sandbags and you can see how high the water rose in some places. Still a beautiful town. I arrived at the trail head and changed into some dry clothes. I ate at the little diner across from the trail head. It was super! I only paid $6.00 for a lunch so large I couldn't finish it. What a surprise it was when the door opened and in walks the Boy Scout troop from the Roundhouse! They were trying to get a good day of wet biking in. Greetings were passed, I finished lunch and headed out to Huntsdale and Katfish Katy's.